About the Membership Marketing Manager Opening:
Join the Institute for Justice, a public interest law firm on the front lines fighting to end widespread abuses of government power and to secure the rights of all Americans, and play a critical role in our fundraising efforts as our new Membership Marketing Manager!
As the Membership Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for driving growth, optimizing campaigns, and creating exceptional experiences for IJ’s sub-$1000 donors to increase their engagement and investment in our mission. Your role will be critical in ensuring that our important work defending everyday people’s freedom continues.
The position is ideal for a detail-oriented, data-savvy professional with a background in donor relations or marketing to join our team in IJ's Arlington, VA office. You are excited to come into a well-developed housefile program and find ways to sustain past success while implementing new and better ways to increase support from IJ’s existing donor base and new donors.
This position is based in Arlington, VA with work from home available two days per week.
- Manage IJ’s direct mail acquisition and housefile program including setting the schedule and timelines for each mailing, optimizing segmentation/ask amounts, pulling and refining data, and bidding out jobs to vendors (print, productions, mailing)
- Utilize data and analytics to identify areas of opportunity and create targeted campaigns to increase donor engagement and investment in IJ's work
- Oversee IJ’s donor welcome series, maintaining IJ brand standards and looking for ways to improve the donor experience with a keen eye on increasing the conversion of newly acquired donors
- Generate and optimize data for IJ’s flagship magazine, Liberty & Law, and other important institutional communications
- Establish key performance indicators, track and report on results, and adjust as needed to ensure continual improvement within the membership programs, using data-driven insights to guide strategy
- Set and stay within agreed-upon budgets for all programs, identifying cost-effective solutions to drive growth and optimize ROI
- Supervise IJ’s Development Assistant and Membership Assistant, providing guidance, setting goals, conducting check-in meetings, and reviewing work products
- Collaborate with the Director of Individual Giving and other stakeholders to draft summaries and reports for department planning meetings and presentations to IJ’s board of directors, effectively communicating the progress and success of IJ’s membership programs and highlighting areas of opportunity for continued growth and optimization
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, communications, or mass marketing programs; direct mail preferred but not required
- 2+ years of personnel or program management experience preferred
- An obsessive desire to win; you are frustrated with complacency
- Proven ability to manage, assess and synthesize large amounts of data; to draw actionable conclusions; and to make decisions and implement strategies based on those conclusions
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and tasks
- Proficiency with Salesforce, or experience with another CRM/donor database product
- Command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team to achieve shared goals
- Commitment to promoting individual liberty and challenging government abuse
- Hybrid work schedule
- Flexible work hours with our core business hours of 10am to 4pm
- Work from home equipment reimbursement
- Casual dress code
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (IJ covers 100% of individual premiums)
- Free Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life insurance plans
- HSA employer contributions
- 401(k) with employer matches
- Generous PTO including a paid personal day and 12 paid holidays
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter addressing your interest in IJ’s mission and your salary requirements, and detailing how your experience will ensure success in this position
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Senior Manager of Outreach at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At IJ we value a diverse workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.