IT Support Technician
The Institute for Justice, a public interest law firm that champions freedom and justice for all Americans, is seeking an experienced Support Technician to join our dynamic team. The Support Technician will play an integral role in our daily operations, providing day-to-day technical support of the company’s hardware and software systems. He or she will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, and deploying firm computers. This role will be a primary point of contact for troubleshooting and supporting all user-facing applications and hardware. The position resides in the Arlington, VA office and is expected to perform all support responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys and staff.
- Triage and address user support requests and questions arriving in our ticketing platform
- Install, maintain, and upgrade user workstation and related equipment
- Work with vendors/outsourced service & support providers as directed
- Develop technical manuals as needed
- Other IT related tasks and projects as assigned
Application, Operating System, & Hardware Experience:
- Microsoft 365 management tools & user applications
- Exchange Online
- Endpoint Manager
- Active Directory (Local / Azure hybrid environment)
- Windows 10
- Lenovo laptops
- Experience with any enterprise grade Document Management System
- Experience with any support ticketing platform
Education, Skills, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A+ and Network+ Certifications required, additional certifications are a plus
- 3- 5 years of IT related experience.
- Superb interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to learn quickly, work under pressure, and work independently & collaboratively with other staff members
- Hybrid work schedule
- Flexible work hours with our core business hours of 10am and 4pm
- Work from home equipment reimbursement
- Casual dress code
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (IJ covers 100% of individual premiums)
- Free Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life insurance plans
- HSA employer contributions
- 401(k) with employer matches
- Generous PTO including a paid personal day and 12 paid holidays
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing how your experience will ensure success in this position. To improve their chances, candidates can supply an example of prior work that demonstrates one or more of the specific qualifications listed above.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At IJ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.