The Institute for Justice, a public interest law firm that champions freedom and justice for all Americans, seeks a highly organized individual with a background in writing for a variety of audiences to join our growing fundraising team as a Grants Coordinator. The Grants Coordinator plays a critical role in maintaining and growing the Institute’s base of foundation support by helping us report on our success while setting forth the vision of what new and increased support will enable the Institute for Justice to accomplish.
This position is ideal for a motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is focused on producing results. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of producing compelling, action-oriented narratives, a keen attention to detail for administering grants, and be able to manage a growing portfolio of general operating and project-specific grants.
- Draft, revise, and produce high-quality proposals and reports for foundations
- Enter and acknowledge incoming foundation grants
- Manage and grow a significant portfolio of general operating support grants as well as select project-specific grants
- Identify and follow through on new foundation support
- Stay on top of grant deliverables to ensure that the Institute is on track to meet all promised outputs and outcomes; track and update progress through the life cycle of the grant
- Identify top growth prospects; develop and execute a strategy to increase donor support
- 1-3 years’ experience in writing proposals, reports, publications or comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional or academic setting
- Proven ability to distill complex information into easy-to-understand, persuasive narratives
- Strong philosophical commitment to promoting individual liberty and challenging government abuse
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize, problem-solve, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing error-free work
- Ability to build relationships with staff, donors, and others
- Command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Flexible work hours with our core business hours of 10am to 4pm
- Potential for hybrid work schedule
- Casual dress code
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (IJ covers 100% of individual premiums)
- Free Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life insurance plans
- HSA employer contributions
- 401(k) with employer matches
- Generous PTO including a paid personal day and 12 paid holidays
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re interested in working with the Institute for Justice and how your experience will ensure success in this position, along with two to three brief writing samples of 2- to 3-pages each (letters of inquiry and excerpts of redacted proposals or grant reports are encouraged).
No phone calls, please.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At IJ we value a diverse workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.