Community Outreach Manager
The Institute for Justice- the National Law Firm for Liberty- is seeking a passionate, outgoing, and organized Community Outreach Manager to join our Activism team at our headquarters in Arlington, VA.
As a member of IJ’s Activism team, you’ll be a part of the fight to vindicate the rights of individuals who are victims of government abuses of power and excessive regulation. You will engage the grassroots and decision makers through outreach, community organizing, training, coalition building, public demonstrations, the media, research, policy recommendations, and legislative advocacy. You’re committed to promoting individual liberty and challenging government abuses of power, and genuinely compassionate to people of modest means and from all walks of life.
- Develop and execute grassroots and legislative strategies and public information campaigns
- Cultivate relationships with activists and decision makers
- Plan and lead events (public demonstrations, town halls, roundtables, community block parties) and activism trainings
- Do media interviews, and write op-eds and Letters to the Editor
- Produce testimony, one-pagers, press releases, and other written content and research
- Travel 1-2 times per month on average to meet, train, and organize activists; meet with decision makers; and lead local events
- 4+ years of experience in outreach, advocacy, policy, or event planning preferred but not required
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and tasks
- Spanish-language skills are not required but are a bonus
- Commitment to promoting individual liberty and challenging government abuse
- Hybrid work schedule
- Flexible work hours with our core business hours of 10am and 4pm
- Work from home equipment reimbursement
- Casual dress code
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (IJ covers 100% of individual premiums)
- Free Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life insurance plans
- HSA employer contributions
- 401(k) with employer matches
- Generous PTO including a paid personal day and 12 paid holidays
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a resume, a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and IJ's mission, and a writing sample.
No phone calls, please.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At IJ we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.